[Loadstone] ASsisted or integrated

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Wed Jun 17 10:56:53 BST 2009

Hi Stephen

  Remember to wait few hours before attempting to use the assisted gps with
different conditions.  The phone do not  make a gprs  connection if  the
gps receiver have been used recently.

  I also doupt those stand-alone assisted gps units. Although new Qstarz is
quite fast, usually fix less than a minute the AGPS with N82 internal
receiver is still much faster, especially with poor receiving conditions.
On long-distance train Qstar took half an hour to get the fix but N82 got
fix within a minute. These trains are the hardest places to use gps i have
found so far, only three receivers have got any fix if coldstarted in the
train; new Qstarz, Holux M-1000 and N82 internal with AGPS.  Some
SIRF3-based can retain their fix if they are started outside the train.

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS