[Loadstone] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: To all new users.

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Jun 17 10:10:59 BST 2009

Hello Ramy,

I think you should slow down and learn/use Loadstone one step at a time.

As others on this list have said, forget about converting Nokia maps and
any other map formats.  Once you understand what Loadstone can do and how
it does it then look into expanding your database of points with other
sources.  On the same token forget about check points for now.

Your first order of business is to build a map of points.  If you think of
Loadstone as a tool that will help you examine your environment anytime
after your first visit to a point of interest.  that is to say.  At the
beginning Loadstone can not help you at all but, if you go to the front
door of your house, and create a point of interest you'll always be able
to find your front door in the future.  In the same way you can create
points of interest for bus stops, shops, roads and so on.  Once you create
a point of interest you'll always be able to use Loadstone to help you
find it again.  These points of interest will often be the most accurate
even if you manage to gather points of interest from other sources.

Monty