[Loadstone] [Bulk] Re: To all new users.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Jun 17 00:03:17 BST 2009

It's possible the point share has no information about your city. In that
case you'll have an empty database so you'll have to mark points yourself.
You can do this by going to a location, hitting the # key and giving the
point a name. It's also possible that another source of mapping data such as
open street map has information for your city. In that case you'd need to
use the online converter to convert to loadstone format.
Don't worry about checkpoints for now, you need a database of points before
you can use checkpoints.

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, prateek aggarwal wrote:

> sorry guys,
> i'm bothering you people again and again, but i'm not able to grasp
> with the tutorial given online.
> it has lot of complex looking informations, which i found a bit hard
> to understand at the first glans.
> some one has already pointed out that it takes a time to grasp, but i
> having several doubts which i think can be solved easyly and
> efficiently via this list if you long time users can support me.
> now, i've entered the point with all associated informations like
> latatude, longitude, etc   acording to my city jaipur.
> there is no map available for my city on the loadstone website, is
> there any other place to find the map?
> further, how to setup my own checkpoints now?
> is it worthy making database with that donting looking procedure as
> installing some file brouzer, go to ... location, find data base,
> delete it, then make new, and so on?
> i mean, can the task be done without any that sort of stuff as well, as
> dave bro has pointed somewhere in his previous mail?
> How to make my own custom points, and then to achieve them from any
> other location?
> Please guys, please take this query an urgent one, and do try to
> answer this adolescent if you are already using loadstone.
> Will be waiting for your quick and favorable response.
> Prateek agarwal.
> Skype:
> Prateek_agarwal32
>

> On 6/15/09, Dave Carlson <dgcarlson at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> I think you're correct. It takes some time to work it out. I remember that
>> when I first started I had to try the steps more than once before I got it
>> right. Now it's been so long that I could not be able to give you any basic
>> or step-by-step. I have not needed to create a database nor checkpoints for
>> about a year.
>>
>> Sorry I can't help you more, but I feel I should encourage you to continue
>> reading and attempting.
>>
>> Dave

>>> Rajasthan