[Loadstone] ASsisted or integrated

Stephen Giggar sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 13 12:47:59 BST 2009

That is strange! Is I have the Network based turned off and assisted GPS
turn on! I see no GPRS traffic. Mine asked about the NETWORK being it was
turned off and I told it not to use it.

We had some talk about this a few month ago on this list and found that you
can use Assisted GPS with no Sim card in the phone. So it doesn't need a
active sim card and doesn't need to transfer data. After all, they now have
stand alone external GPS unit that ahve Assisted GPS built into them and
there is no network Data charges for them.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
Skype: dr-phone.