[Loadstone] Choosing the units, esp. nautical

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Jun 12 08:31:33 BST 2009

If I remember correctly with the nautical unit the distance will be reported
in yards if it's under 1 mile and then miles if above. I don't think it's in
nautical miles, I think that's a speed measurement but I could be completely
wrong about this. Maybe someone that knows about nautical things could
comment on this?
The unit selection just made sence at the time it was written and really
hasn't been looked at since. The speed unit could probably be made to be
imperial, metric or nautical but maybe that's not as clear? The distance and
altitude units had to do it this way since they can be metres/kilometres, or
yards/miles depending on the selected unit.