[Loadstone] Inputs requested

Divyanshu Ganatra dnganatra at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 15:21:10 BST 2009

Dear LS listers,
I'm part of an organisation that is working towards accessibility and
barrier free environment for persons with disability. towards this
endeavour, we are having a meet which will be attended by prominant
architects, volunteers, city planners, ettle.
I'm planning to demonstrate LS, and want them to contribute towards
generateing       POI for our city, since nun exsist. This is where i
need help and inputs.Since most of the volunteers are sighted, what
precautions and guidelines should they abide by when making a POI. Is
there any instruction handbook available using which i can train them?
my hope is that  with around 20-30 individuals volunteering to map the
city we will soon have a good data base of POI's. please do let me
know if i should be careful of any oversight.
All inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Divyanshu
India, Pune.