[Loadstone] loadstone platforms and other operating systems

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Jul 30 23:56:06 BST 2009

Of your many messages I thought it necessary to responde to this one.
There are no plans to port loadstone to any other opperating system. The
code is written specifically for symbian and it wouldn't be an easy matter
to port it to anything else I don't think. I really wouldn't like having to
program for windows mobile either. I would however, like to port to linux
since then I'd have a real opperating system to work with. Unfortunately I
don't think any of the linux phones talk yet. If loadstone were ported to
another system it would probably end up being a completely separate code
base since symbian has its own way of doing just about everything.
If someone really wants to try taking on the task of porting then I can help
with explanations of code etc.
As for loadstone becoming out of date and obsolete, I don't think that's
going to happen any time soon. Loadstone will continue to run as long as
nokia phones continue to use symbian and I haven't heard of any plans by
nokia to change that.