[Loadstone] suggestions for next version of loadstone

Gradimir Kragic bastono at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 02:07:20 BST 2009

    Hi!

    When the discussion about the next version of loadstone and I have some
suggestions or maybe they are just questions:

1. I can not set "Approach time"  less than 5 seconds. Sometimes I do not want
me, this option is activated. I would like to be set "Approach time"   at a
value of 0 seconds. I think it would be good that can be set "Approach time"
as well as "Max approach distance". This option can have value 0.

2. Next suggestion is for "Auto Announce Interval". Now we have the possibility
to choose between 10 and 120 seconds, step is 10 seconds. I suggest the
following steps of seconds: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240 and 300.
The new intervals are 3, 4 and 5 minutes.

3. grid locators and grid squares. This would be especially useful for the blind
radio amateurs and there are many in the world. At this moment I will explain
this. I think it can be easy to add in Astronomic Submenu . I only suggested
that someone from the development team looked to the link of "Maidenhead Locator
System" on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maidenhead_Locator_System

    If this suggestion should be accepted, I can ensure the necessary additional
information. Only can still write that this was of great benefit for the blind
radio amateurs it with a GPS receiver and loadstone now easily determined grid
locators and grid squares.

    Gradimir

From: "Shawn Kirkpatrick" <shawn at loadstone-gps.com>
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] suggestions for next version of loadstone

Adding the breadcrumb generator and all the things associated with it is on
the todo list. I'm not sure if it'll be in the next version or not thoe,
we'll just have to wait and see.
If you don't want checkpoints announced all the time just turn auto announce
off. With auto announce off checkpoints will only be announced as you
approach them and when you arrive at them.
It's unlikely that we'll be setting up an online store anytime soon. We're
not a reseller of any kind so it wouldn't be practical.