[Loadstone] loadstone maps suggestion

Przemysław Rogalski Rogalski at o2.pl
Wed Jul 29 23:13:56 BST 2009

Yes, that would be a really useful option. However, when some time ago I asked if it would be possible to implement a function (enabled on demand) where Loadstone would monitor if there is any point within arrival
radius, and if so - announce id as "Arriving X...". Then we would need an additional setting "Point announcement" with parameters "off", "Checkpoints", "Database", "Both".,

I got the following answer:

"I'm not sure if you've asked this before but certainly others have and the

answer is always the same. Until a database engine can be found that doesn't

make the program appear to lock up while doing a query this feature can't be

implemented. Even if this was an on-demand feature I know what would happen,

people would turn it on and then the list would be flooded with messages

asking why loadstone appears to lock up at a regular interval."