[Loadstone] another suggestion

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 23:12:47 BST 2009

Hi,

I thought I would pass this along its a suggestion and comment.

No I'm really not sure.  I have marked a bunch of points in my town and
uploaded them to the pointshare.  I guess as more of us start using
loadstone there will be more than street names in the database.  I have
the mobile geo points in sql but I need to write something to convert
the mobile geo sql format to the loadstone csv format.  It would be a
simple read a line of text write a line of text program so I think I
could do it.  I will be happy to send you a copy if I ever get it
working.  The problem with loadstone is that it seems the larger the
database the slower the program runs so adding too many points can
really slow the phone to a crawl.  Also if you have a bunch of points in
your database it becomes harder to navigate by street. if you are using
the joy stick in nav mode.

I would like to see a feature added that would allow you to specify the
priority of a point so that I could have intersections at one priority
and businesses at another.  Then I could decide at runtime if I wanted
to see all points or just intersections or businesses.  My idea would
include a min_priority and max_priority setting that would determine
what points are shown in navigation mode.  The problem is I think it
would require a change in the database format and a bunch of work on the
part of the loadstone developers.

Join me on klango at www.klango.net visit and sign my petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/coda1234/petition.html
and visit my blog at: http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net follow me on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/jkenn337