[Loadstone] OSM files from Geofabrik

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Thu Jul 16 13:49:11 BST 2009

From: Przemys?aw Rogalski <Rogalski at o2.pl>

> I found a great source of OSM files for most countriesat:
> http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/
> Is it possible in any way to convert such a file into Loadstone database?

Hello Przemys?aw,

yes, the files offered by Geofabrik are .osm files and suitable to be converted, except they are bigger than the current convertion limit of 8mb.

Geofabrik is a small German company that works very well together with the OSM community and offers different services for customers that need special information from OpenStreetMap. I have met the guys at the Amsterdam OpenStreetMap yearly international conference last weekend :-)

Regards
Lulu-Ann