[Loadstone] Use legal maps - ask for data if needed

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Tue Jul 7 13:14:25 BST 2009

Hi everybody,

I have read the discussion if the use of cracked nokia maps or other commercial maps is legal.

I am sure this idea only appears in areas where no legal data from OpenStreetMap is available.

If you need more data in your area, drop your coordinates here! - I will try to organize an OpenStreetMap Mapping Party to add data to your area.

OSM has data even in Chinas capital where GPS receivers are not legal, and in Gaza. There is no reason that the data in YOUR reagion is not improved.
Ask for it!

This weekend I will be on the yearly international OpenStreetMap conference - Maybe I can talk to anybody from your hometown or region.

Regards
Lulu-Ann