[Loadstone] Openstreetmap

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Jul 7 00:00:57 BST 2009

If the world worked propperly you'd be right but as it is the copyright laws
can only be described as insane. Even for things like books on tape the
original author or rights holder has to give permission before it can be
done. The same would apply to maps. Part of the problem thoe is that once
something's digital it can be transfered to anyone. So even if you got
permission to use something like garmin maps there'd be nothing to stop that
data from becoming available to the general public. In an open source
project like loadstone that's the whole point, to be able to share all data
collected with everyone.