[Loadstone] Openstreetmap

Barr, Les lbarr1 at cox.net
Mon Jul 6 22:56:56 BST 2009

Since this was raised and just for discussion:  Why would providing access
to persons with visual impairments to otherwise inaccessible materials (such
as Garmin maps, Nokia maps, etc. maps) be a legitimate "fair use exception"
to possible copyrighted information which is contained within the public
domain and publicly and readily available on the internet?  e.g. Copyrighted
books made available to persons with visual impairment on tape, etc. are not
considered illegal.  I am not seeing a distinction with copyrighted digital
maps being made accessible for like purposes for education of similar
persons for the purpose of educating persons with disabilities to public
streets/information.

Thanks,

Les