[Loadstone] Internal receivers in certain nokia phones

Jacob Kruger jacobk at iburst.co.za
Thu Jan 29 20:44:21 GMT 2009

Ok.

Still haven't been able to find a setting to allow loadstone to actually use
the internal receiver of my new Nokia N82.

I have now set it to in fact use the internal receiver, but all it says is
'no connection' even though nokia maps can still search for locations and
plan routes, so I assume this means it's being blocked as such by the
operating system.

However, if I go into the app. manager, I don't seem able to find
application specific settings like allowing applications to make use of user
data, etc. etc. like I could find on my 6680, so not sure where else to look
since also couldn't find any relevant settings within nokia maps etc. etc.

Seems this version of the operating system is somewhat different from the
one on my 6680, but would still have assumed could find these settings (like
the one where you allow apps like the vOICe to use the camera) in app.
manager like I did on the older phone.

Any experiences of similar things from people using other internal GPS unit
equipped phones?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker