[Loadstone] Accuracy in locating building/landmarks other than streets improve

Vetrivel Adhimoolam vadhimoolam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:47:01 GMT 2009

Hi all,

As the subject line says. A few days a go, I sought clarification from the
list regarding the LS behaviour in point announcement other than streets. I
found a way which seems to be working better at least for the moment. I
selected a street point downloaded from the point share web page and then
clicked on "update". I noticed that the accuracy and the satalite fields
containing 0 values. I didn't change those values, but just wanted to see
what was there. Then I selected some of those points that I added and then
clicked on "update". By default those two fields contained some numbers
other than 0. For example, Accuracy is marked with 1 and the number of
satalites being received at the time of a particular point being entered in
to the databases. I changed both of them to 0 and believe it or not, I
experience a considerable improvement in Accuracy. But what I thought though
was that we were not supposed to change the number of satalites and if my
memory is correct, that's what the mannual states. Then I am wondering how
is this possible. Would like to hear some thoughts on this from the
developers.

Thank you.

Vetri.