[Loadstone] Help please for uploading points to pointshare exchange

Shane Wegner shane at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Jan 28 05:14:45 GMT 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 02:02:44PM +1300, Kennydog wrote:
> I went to the database I wanted to export, followed the instructions to
> get it to the import/export area, managed to save it to my desktop on my
> computer, saved it as a txt file, and when I went to upload it to the
> exchange it said the following:
>
> w: (3) Permission denied for import of ...(my user id number)

It looks as though the username you registered with on
PointShare is different to that on the phone when you
created the points.  That shouldn't be a problem, on the
pointshare site, just click on manage users and add the
appropriate usernames you used when creating the points.
You needn't worry about the userid numbers.  Once that's
done, simply reimport and the PSE will allow the insertion
of the points.

Best,
Shane