[Loadstone] visible satellites

Dave Carlson dgcarlson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 21 23:46:03 GMT 2009

Again I think this is because the GPS receiver is reporting the almanac data
received, which had recently reported that 5 satellites were in view, based
on your position. Each GPS satellite orbiting carries almanac data to give
its own position and the relative position of other satellites in the
constellation. This allows a GPS receiver to know the positions of numerous
satellites with just the download of an almanac from one satellite.

Dave