[Loadstone] Some questions

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Jan 12 22:02:27 GMT 2009

The user range error setting is used to calculate a realistic accuracy
value. It's multiplied by the accuracy value sent by the receiver to get the
accuracy in metres. 8 seems to be a good value for most receivers and you
shouldn't change it unless you know your receiver is different.
Unfortunately most receiver manuals don't seem to say anything about this.
If you don't have a last_position file and go in to exploration mode without
a gps signal then the first point in the database is selected as your
starting point. There's not much that can be done about this since the
program has no idea where you are and has to start somewhere. You normally
shouldn't delete the last_position file.