[Loadstone] Some questions

Adhimoolam Vetrivel Murugan vadhimoolam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 21:23:02 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I did a bunch of explorations these few days and have the following questions:

First, under settings/GPS tab, there is an edit field called "user
error range" and it is set to 8 by default. I checked the accuracy and
it was something like 30 feats. I changed it to 1 and the accuracy was
between 2.5-5 feats. However I noticed a significant delay in point's
announcement at this stage. According to the manual at the LS page,
the default error range (8) can give us a realistic view in urban like
environment. But what I do not understand is the difference between
user error range 1 and 8. Second, I disconnected my receiver and
deleted a file called "last position" found under the loadstone
directory. Now when I started the program and changed to the
exploration mode, it showed me a point which is about 15 miles away
from my location. Now my question is: How does loadstone choose such
default points? Can I do anything to my databases to make the closest
position to my home as the default point under exploration mode?
Third, it is only through loadstone I have learnt that 6th avenue in
New York is also called avenue of the Americas. Although I managed to
change those points through file manipulations, it could be confusing
for the new users. So I was just wondering if the list had any
suggestion to this issue. Overall I have to say that I am learning
lots of new things in terms of various points of locations even in
those areas that I was familiar with.

Vetri.