[Loadstone] Comparing cold/warm/hot start

Adhimoolam Vetrivel Murugan vadhimoolam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 20:36:12 GMT 2009

Hi all,

In my experience, hot start seems to be far quicker than cold or warm
start. Until now I was under the assumption that these are linked with
the actual outside weather condition, but it does not look like. For
example, when I initiate a warm/cold start, I do not receive signal
even after crossing two blocks. However when I tried hot start even
under the cold/rainy condition, I receive signal within a few seconds.
So my question is: Is it just a co-incident or do they really make a
different? Second, when we initiate these commands in our phone, do
they actually change the GPS receiver to different modes remotely? Or
are these just changes that we make within LS to receive signals
quickly? I know that there are lots of questions, but I am really
curious.

Vetri.