[Loadstone] I-Blue 737A Signal Question

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Jan 7 18:27:28 GMT 2009

Your problem was reported  one and a half year ago and it seems it's still
there.
Try to play with the 'Saving mode' in the GPS menu when connected, if that
doesn't work this is a major disadvantage of the I-Blue receivers.

Rob

[Loadstone] I-Blue 737, RE: purchasing your first GPS receiver
R. Neill Hadder
Fri Apr 6 13:55:13 BST 2007

* It is very slow to update, like five seconds or so, when you change
direction.  So it'll track you as going east for several seconds after you
turn north, then it'll catch up.

* the biggest problem is that it won't stay connected to my phone.  It goes
to sleep very readily, it seems, and loadstone disconnects.  I haven't been
able to determine if the behavior is random, battery-related, or
bluetooth-related.  I really would prefer if Loadstone could have a setting
to attempt hot-starting the gps when the clock seems to have stopped
ticking, rather than just disconnecting.  That would keep the gps from
suffering from narcolepsy or the appearance of it.  The GPS seems to still
have its satelite fix, since reconnecting brings up a fix instantly, but it
just keeps closing down the connection to the phone.Some days, it stays
connected just fine even while I'm sitting in a chair for an hour; other
days it goes out three times within a block of my house on a clear day with
12 satelites tracking and full battery charge while I'm going 4 miles an
hour.  So I have no idea.