[Loadstone] Thanks and uploading databases

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Jan 1 17:01:33 GMT 2009

At this moment Loadstone GPS uses the name field to store the information
you want to know about a point (75 characters). There are plans to make
some kind of points classification and fields to add such as address etc.,
but the limitations of the database currently in use don't allow for the
implementation of this at this moment. The way the points are organized on
the phone is pretty much up to the user. I have the points for towns in
seperate databases and a database that contains the railway stations that
connect them. I store a point by its address and an intersection by two
streetnames seperated by the @ character. I basically know in which country
and town I am, so no need to have this announced all the time. POI's are
stored under their descriptive name such as Postoffice, Pub, etc. It makes
no difference how you upload points to the PointShareExchange, they get
organised by location and where such info is available contained within
area borders. This means that you can export all your points and upload
them to the PSE in one batch.

Rob