[Loadstone] Import to Database format converter

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Feb 20 22:33:39 GMT 2009

Sqlite has been considered as a database engine but the problem is getting
it ported to symbian. There's talk of it working on third edition phones
with some effort but we need an engine that'll work on first, second, and
third edition handsets. If someone wants to put in the time and work to get
it ported then we'd certainly give it a look. A replacement database engine
is badly needed. There's also talk of the symbian operating system going
open source within the next two years. If that happens then the format
problem would be solved. The problem of the database engine not being very
good would still remain thoe.