[Loadstone] What did I do'es wrong?

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Feb 7 17:01:51 GMT 2009

I think you expect too much from GPS. In professional GPS use we record
points with at least 9 satellites and reading is done with at least 6
satellites. If you made your points using an internal receiver and 3 or 4
sats the points can only be accurate within 25 to 50 meters. If you want
better precision you really need an external receiver. Are you walking
under trees or near high objects? This has a negative influence on the
accuracy. Technically you are doing it right, this looks likes a case of
'bad' points.

Rob