[Loadstone] Loadstone and the Evolve goTraxx receiver

Lukáš Hosnedl lukas.hosnedl at seznam.cz
Wed Feb 4 09:14:44 GMT 2009

Hi list,
I am very new to Loadstone, in fact am still memorizing the keymap and
menus, etc, but so far the program looks really promising! I am glad I
checked it out. :-)
I bought the Evolve goTraxx receiver for it and it seems pretty accurate and
reliable, however I heard that there is an utility one has to download and
use to enable signal corrections like Egnos for the receiver, which I am
interested in using. If I had a clue that the receiver doesn't support this
feature by default and that it has to be turned on manually before I bought
it, I would have probably changed my mind and looked for another one. :-)
Other than that, I would recommend this very unit as the ideal one for a
blind user, if you turn off power saving in Loadstone itself. Until I did
that, I experienced frequent connection failures. Now I get no signal
acquired every now and then, but I guess that this is because of the city
terrain or because of too much jamming at once at certain places, and it
never lasts for too long. Usually this occurs when I turn on the receiver
while still in a car or building and connect it with my Nokia 6120 classic
quickly.
So, I would like to ask if there is anyone using this receiver already on
the list, about the mentioned utility.I was searching the web and found
links to several different pieces of software at several different forums,
so I would really like anyone to shed some light on this if possible. Which
one is the best to use if all I want to do is enable Egnos? Thanks a lot in
advance and take care everyone,
Lukas