[Loadstone] Question about a route planner

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Feb 1 09:49:55 GMT 2009

Hi,

The RoutePlanner makes a checklist, not a database. You should place it in
the 'checklist' folder of LS and load this checklist when you need it. If
you plan to use it both ways you should the 'reverse route' button in the
tool and generate and download this checklist too. Give the two files names
that mention the direction. To walk back you will have to load the reversed
checklist.

 From the tools page:

"This tool lets you create a file with a list of checkpoints with
directional commands added to the comment field of each point. You provide
a startpoint
and destination and select the points inbetween that connect these two
points. With this checkpoint file loaded this results in the announcement
of the
pointname that you are approaching, followed by a 'turn left, go straight
or turn right message. Also the clockface direction is announced. With verbose
mode checked, a truncated part of the name of the next point and the
distance to that point is also announced. The truncation is due to the
limited size
of the comment field (75 characters). This is a useful tool when practicing
a new route, or to provide visitors with a database of points and a checklist
file that serves as route to your house. You can reverse the route and save
both the 'to' and 'from' routes under different names. Beam the route files
to the phone and place them in the 'loadstone/checkpoints' directory."

Rob