[Loadstone] loadstonetools python converter requests

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:17:34 GMT 2009

First of all a big thanks to this utility for loadstone.  My blind
friends are using them and they are satisfied with the data.  A couple
of questions and request for this utility (I hope this is the right
place to discuss).  OSM data is very rich and I hope we can maximise
what is in the OSM database for use in loadstone.

1.  Is there planned support for extracting polygon/area information?
For example, we map buildings as areas not as node.  This data can be
very useful as mentioned by my blind friends.
2.  How can I extend the list of amenities to include other POIs?  We
have local data added which weren't included and we would like to add
them as well.

That's it for now.  Thanks again!  Cheers to the developers of loadstone.
--
cheers,
maning