[Loadstone] LoadStone and Internal GPS receiver of N85 and N95?

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Thu Dec 10 16:29:15 GMT 2009

Hi

  Where does these claims come that internal gps's use sirf-ii chipsets? I
have
one old Globalsat that does have sirf-ii chipset and one cannot  talk
the receiver of say N82 and that old receiver on same sentence.

  I have found that the build-in receiver is not as accurate as best
sirf-iii receivers but it beats for example Holux M-1000 (MTK-1) both in
accuracy and reliability. Also with AGPS enabled  N82 acquires the
satellites much faster than any other receiver i have used, including
MTK-2-based Qstarz 816. To be honest  the Qstarz has better accuracy on
slow speeds.

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS