[Loadstone] LoadStone and Internal GPS receiver of N85 and N95?

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Dec 10 15:29:11 GMT 2009

Hello,

If your internal GPS receiver is doing what you need it to do  then great!
I use mine if my external receiver's battery dies or if I am without it.
By the very nature of the internal receiver's hardware (Sirf star 2
chipset)   they will supply inferior  results  compared to newer external
GPS receivers using the MTK or Sirf Star 3 chipsets.  This is bound to
change  when Nokia decides to use recent technology in their newer
handsets!

Monty