[Loadstone] I need info about poi conversion

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Aug 20 07:26:12 BST 2009

Paulo,

Every Loadstone user is supposed to have a unique number, the UserID. This
number is calculated from the e-mail address supplied in
settings/general/username on the phone. From the Getting Started Manual:

'Finally, Loadstone records contain your user ID under which you are known
in the PointsShareExchange (more about this later) and a unique record ID.
These ID-numbers are generated by the program itself and you need not be
concerned with these numbers. What you do need to know is that your UserID
is derived from the e-mail address that you supplied in
Options/Settings/General on the phone. This should be the same e-mail
address you use to registre an account on the PointShareExchange.'

Of course our web based services do not know your UserID, so that is why
the PointShareExchange and some tools ask for your e-mail address. The
webserver then calculates your UserID from this address. It is therefore
important to provide the same e-mail address to web services as you did on
the phone.

It is possible that our webserver had a temporary problem with the
calculation of your UserID and generated an error message. Please try it
again, I had no problems when I tried it yesterday.

Rob