[Loadstone] Help to create an OpenStreetMap in your area

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Fri Aug 14 15:20:20 BST 2009

Hi Ari,

> - Here where i love most streets are either dead ends  or between toher
> streets/roads. How shall i define start and ddestination points, by names
> of those streets?

This is not needed, as for the other streets there will be other tracks.
It is helpful though if you walk around the corner for 20 to 40 meters, so it is clear that there is a connection and not a dead end.

> - Do i have  to walk the street four times, back and forth at both sides
> or just  up for one siden and down for another?

2 times is enough.
If you go there on another day when the satellites have changed positions another back and forth track makes sense for accuracy, but not on the same day.

> - If there is a parallel way for pedestrian use couple of meters apart
> from the  main road shall i mark it somehow separated from the main road?

Write it in the description field on the upload page, please.
Example Description: sidewalk on both sides of the road
Expaple Tags:  UK, Downing Street, pedestrian, BlindOSM

by the way, here is the command line call for gpsbabel:

gpsbabel  -i nmea -o gpx  London_DowningStreet_pedestrian.nmea  London_DowningStreet_pedestrian.gpx

Regards
Lulu-Ann