[Loadstone] Help to create an OpenStreetMap in your area

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Aug 13 09:30:51 BST 2009

Even if you converted the Germany file from OSM into a LS database you
would end up with a 150 MB file which cannot be imported into Loadstone. LS
will work good with databases of 2 MB (30 thousand points) but if you get
bigger the program will slow down to a crawl. Using the off-line tools you
can experiment with the size of the OSM file to download for good results
with Loadstone.

Rob