[Loadstone] Additional relevant information in OpenStreetMap

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Thu Apr 23 12:50:31 BST 2009

Hi there,

I am new on this list. I am 37 years old and engineer for computer science/electrotechnics and I am an OpenStreetMap contributor.

Lately I have created the categories "handicap" and "visual impairment" in the OpenStreetMap Wiki

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org

These categories list map features, that are especially interesting for handicapped / visually impaired map users, e.g. acoustic traffic signals, tactile paving and some more.

These map features are already a little in use in some German areas.

It would be nice if loadstone would support the download of these features from the OpenStreetMap data files soon.

If you have any questions you can contact me on OSM.

Regards from Wolfsburg, Germany
Lulu-Ann