[Loadstone] N82 stability

Jacob Kruger jacobk at iburst.co.za
Wed Apr 22 21:15:00 BST 2009


Will think about it - but don't like to take chances with things I use every 
day.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
'...fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Vetrivel Adhimoolam" <vadhimoolam at gmail.com>
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] N82 stability


> No it does not happen with N82. In fact you can back-up your phone memory
> before the firmware update and can be restored after the update.
>
> Vetri.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk at iburst.co.za>
> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:49 AM
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] N82 stability
>
>
>> Problem with upgrading firmware is something I found out about when I did
>> it
>> on my 6680 since it dumped all my settings/installed software, and it 
>> took
>> me around 2 weeks to find a way to reinstall talks, etc. etc., and I 
>> don't
>> really have sighted technical help here very often, so let's give it some
>> time and see...
>>
>> Stay well
>>
>> Jacob Kruger
>> Blind Biker
>> Skype: BlindZA
>> '...fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "Vetrivel Adhimoolam" <vadhimoolam at gmail.com>
>> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
>> Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:00 AM
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] N82 stability
>>
>>
>>> It can be made a bit stable after updating the firmware. I had to 
>>> restart
>>> the phone several times before the firmware update and it is relatively
>>> stable now. But of course the update will have lots of in-build security
>>> features and henceforth will be very difficult to install unsigned
>>> softwares, but I consider it as a minor problem in comparison to the
>>> stability issue.
>>>
>>> Vetri.
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>>> From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk at iburst.co.za>
>>> To: "Loadstone mailing list" <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
>>> Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:56 AM
>>> Subject: [Loadstone] N82 stability
>>>
>>>
>>>> Will also just say that this phone has never really been as stable as
>>>> the
>>>> 6680 I was using before.
>>>>
>>>> It does generally want to be restarted every now and then anyway, but
>>>> never
>>>> been this bad as such before.
>>>>
>>>> Stay well
>>>>
>>>> Jacob Kruger
>>>> Blind Biker
>>>> Skype: BlindZA
>>>> '...fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>
>>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
>>> signature database 4024 (20090421) __________
>>>
>>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>>
>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus 
> signature database 4027 (20090422) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
> 



More information about the Loadstone mailing list