[Loadstone] understanding the output of the log analyser

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Apr 8 16:30:20 BST 2009

Hi Pranav,

Speed and heading deviation are the differences between what the NMEA file
reports and what the software calculates based on the position data. The
tool excludes messages that are reported as having a speed slower than 1 KM
per hour. all this and something more is put in an simple algorithm that
results in a percentage that is 100 % if perfect and less if not. This
gives the 'reliability', that is how much you can trust this data to be
true at the moment of the recording of the file. High deviation and bad
accuracy result in low values.

Hth,

Rob