[Loadstone] IMG format

Grzegorz Zlotowicz grzezlo at wp.pl
Wed Apr 1 20:36:49 BST 2009

Hi,
a map with extension .img is probably a binary map dedicated to Garmin navigation devices, you can not simply import such file to LS.
First step would be to convert such a map into a text file - only program that I know, which can do it is gps mapedit.
http://www.geopainting.com/en/
After loading a img file to mapedit, and using file:save as... you can save such img file, choosing save as type for example .mp polish file format...
You'll get a text file of this map, but it also can't be imported to Loadstone yet - in order to import it, it's necessary to make a conversion of this file into a loadstone-ready text...
I developed such converted on my own, but it's in the very development stage, not multilingual and requires perl instalation...
Maybe such converter of mp to loadstone text would be some idea for poi converter available online, or a separate tool...
Many maps available in the polish map (.mp) format or Garmin img format, can be found on:
http://mapcenter.cgpsmapper.com
or
http://mapcenter2.cgpsmapper.com
Greetings, Greg.