[Loadstone] new user

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Sep 4 09:21:38 BST 2008

Hello Angela,

Loadstone doesn't yet have a built-in route planner or a function that
will specifically give you turn by turn directions to a destination.
(Some
of the tools on the Loadstone GPS website can assist with this)  However,
if you have a destination saved as a point or a series of intermediate
points saved along the way you can essentially guide yourself with the
help of Loadstone from point to point (kind of like stepping stones).
Even if you only have your destination saved as a point you can
periotically query the llocation of your destination relative to where you
are at any given time.  So, if it says your destination point is 100
metres at 9 o'clock you know you need to turn left and walk or roll 100
metres and you'll get to your destination.  This is how I use it and
haven't really encountered any reason to particullary need step by step
directions for the most part.

Best regards,
   Monty