[Loadstone] Points and Checkpoints

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Oct 28 23:20:02 GMT 2008

A point's id and userid are used to relate it to the database. When a
checkpoints file is loaded the currently loaded database is checked to see
if any of the checkpoint data is out of date. If so, then the information
about the point from the database is used. If the checkpoint isn't found in
the current database then the information is used as supplied. If you update
a point's information and you have that point marked as a checkpoint then
you should probably resave your checkpoints file to make sure all
information is up to date. If you only ever use a single database then you
don't have to worry about this as much.