[Loadstone] terminology

Cy Selfridge cyselfridge at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 15:52:22 BST 2008

Hi all,

This confusion between *load*, *unload*, *start*, *exit* and so on is
absolutely not unique to Loadston. (LOL)

JAWS advises the user to *unload* the application.

For thos of us who grew up in a mainframe world the term *unload* means to
physically remove the application and all of its little friends from the
hard drive.

When we *load* something we go to the source media for that application and
put the application back on our hard drive.

I agree that something lice execute, start or run the application makes more
sense than load.

Exit, cancel or quit makes more sense than unload.

Import does make some sense if you want to get a new or fresh copy of the
application but export makes no sense as it implies that you are going to
send your copy somewhere, not remove it from your hard drive or permanent
storage media. Sorry, forgot that my poor little smart phone does not have a
hard drive - LOL.

Cy, The Anasazi..