[Loadstone] FW: [vip_students] Fw: Free satnav developed for the blind.

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Nov 23 20:08:51 GMT 2008

Hello,

Since I was the one who was interviewed for the Times article I'll give
you my thoughts...

The article was full of inaccuracies which was slightly perplexing as the
full story as it were was disclosed during the interview.  Notably the
fact that Loadstone is a community colaboration chiefly developed by a
core development team rather than one person's efforts as implied by the
author.  Also the development time-line was made very clear to the
journalest.

So other than the fact thatthe the article lacked some of the facts, I'm
happy the project got a sizable piece written about it on page 9 of a
world-renound news paper and more people can learn about Loadstone and how
it might be able to help.  Perhaps it can also help generate interest in
much welcomed sponsorship!

On a related note, I was able to tell the Loadstone story in my own words
on Insight Radio a couple of days after the Times article.  I was able to
set the record straight and credit the team and discuss the evelution of
the project.

We hope to make the article and radio interview available on our articles
page shortly.

Best regards,
   Monty