[Loadstone] auto announcement on the bus

Lamar Upshaw lupshaw at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:05:31 GMT 2008

I'm not sure if anyone's already answered your question yet, but I use the
auto announce everyday on the bus.  This is what I do:
1. start loadstone normally, making sure the bluetooth receiver is
connected, and I have satellite signal.
2. Being my map for my county is default, I don't have to load it, so I move
on to loading my saved check point file, which I conveniently gave the same
name as my public bus system, so I don't get it confused with other
necessary check point files.

That's it. My phone begins vibrating and announcing each check point along
my bus route. I don't have any of the announcing features turned on in the
settings, because apparently loadstone is designed to announce check points
by default. If I want to see how close I am to the next check point, I just
press the number 5 while in navigation mode.  I'm not so sure I'd want it to
announce every intersection I approach, as well as any points of interest
I've saved as I pass by them, but I do wish I had an option to have the last
check point file automatically load when starting loadstone.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

With All Respect,
Upshaw, Lamar T