[Loadstone] New Member: Basic Help sought

Kevin Chao kevinchao89 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 05:59:02 GMT 2008

Richard,

I haven't had experience with the Holux GR-200/236, but have with the
GPSlim236 and think that this is a great receiver but is a generation old
and the Holux M1200 and Freedom Keychain GPS 2000 perform much better. There
are many things to consider when looking at GPS receivers, such as Time to
First Fix (the time it requires to acquire a position fix once the receiver
has been turned on), static navigation (this is an option that is only good
when in a vehicle as it will not report information accurateley below 5KMH
and you want to ensure that this is turned off) and the sensativity of the
receiver to things, such as multi-path and drift (the bouncing of the
heading and the signals drifting). I would recommend purchasing the Freedom
Keychain GPS 2000 as it has been reported to perform better than the Holux
M1200 from http://www.TalkNav.com/

Thanks,

Kevin