[Loadstone] Tripmeter

arimo at iki.fi arimo at iki.fi
Sat May 31 10:48:46 BST 2008

Hi

  Tripmeter is a nice feature but...

- Using user range error to calculate minimum movement to count is too
low. I have set URE to 10 meters, quite high value for decent receivers
but still walked  almost 400 meters just sitting on my garden. Finding a
good value for minimum movement is  trial and error but current value is
too low. I'll look for higher values for URE if they would help.

- Also not  updatin the tripmeter if speed is below  static threshold d
might help.

- There could a manual mode  where distance is advanced only by user
request or by giving any LS command.

- There could be a parallel  tripmeter counting from zero everytime LS
is started.

- There could be a tripmeter-like functionality in the exploration mode
too.

- LS converts stored distance kilometers to meters when closed and
launched again.

mr. M01510