[Loadstone] Great improvement!

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Thu May 29 19:36:39 BST 2008

I've been experimenting with the software heading and software speed on a Nokia N82 and a Nokia 6680 with the new release of Loadstone and a QStarz QBT-118.  As most of you might know, this receiver was considered almost useless under earlier versions of Loadstone.  You couldn't use it to get accurate heading data under about four miles per hour.

My impressions are that the software heading is reasonably accurate.  Software speed seems less accurate but still usable.  Both of the calculations involved in heading and speed probably depend on information from the receiver.  These calculations allow use of a receiver with up to thirty-two hours of battery life, making them comparable to what I've heard people claim you can get out of one cell phone battery.  Keep up the good work.

Mike Hanson