[Loadstone] new to loadstone

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Tue May 27 06:53:10 BST 2008

Hi Kevin

  Few thoughts about you message. I also use both Loadstone and Access (and
also Hain, Nokia Maps and Wayfinder Navigator for that matter)   and all
they have their good points.

   Loadstone does not have as good map coverage as other does but it has
other very  important and useful features. I have collected about 500
points on my nearby surroundings and currently use LS my main navigation
aid.

  There are copyrigth issues for mass-importing point data directly from
other map sources, read the EULA carefully before importing anything.
Those formats are also usually proprietary and not very well documented.
One solution would be to get some agreement to interface between
Loadstone and Access or Nokia Maps to use existing commercial navigator as
map data backend and LS as an  user interface.

  I have also suggested to make LS emulate a gps receiver to circumwent
this limitation and gather some points from other map sources but without
success so far.

mr. M01510