[Loadstone] logging with Loadstone

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Sun May 25 05:52:07 BST 2008

myself <charlie at loadstone-gps.com> wrote:
> Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at loadstone-gps.com> wrote:

>> start the log and it logs all the nmea data from the gps receiver [...]

> The 6630, the 6680 and the 5500 Sport freeze after a short time logging
> data and then LS crashes. OK, last time I tried this I was using an older
> version than 0.70, think I'll give it a new try the next days.

OK, now after lots of testing with 0.70 I figured out the following:
When using the 6630 with a Royaltek RBT-2300 and I start the logging, LS
becomes completely unusable until I stop the logging. It slows down the
handset extremely and the only usable application is the phone app after
bringing it up with long menue. When using a Holux GPSlim 236 or a
Royaltek RBT-2001 this doesn't happen and logging works mostly fine.
Using the 6680, wich is technical nearly identical, the logging works fine
too with all of the above mentioned receivers, same with 5500 Sport or E70.

Any idea, what could be the reason for this...?

regards,
Bert

--
Because of the bad readability in context.