[Loadstone] A New Member, and A Question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri May 23 22:46:01 BST 2008

[quoted lines by Adam MacLeod on 2008/05/23 at 16:40 -0400]

>I plan on going on the bus routes I most frequently use around Ottawa and
>marking the bus stops as points. My question is, is it ok to mark the points
>while I'm sitting on the bus, as it pulls up to the bus stop? Or would it be
>more accurate to get off the bus at each stop, and then mark it as I am
>walking on the sidewalk past it? I would like the coordinates to both be
>accurate enough to alert me to the bus stop while on foot or on the bus.

The most accurate is to capture the coordinates while standing at the post.
Loadstone will warn you ahead of time according to the Approach Time (in
seconds) that you set, and the speed you're travelling at is incorporated into
this calculation.

If you contact me privately, by the way, I can give you the coordinates of bus
stops in Ottawa. I also live in Ottawa and have all that data.