[Loadstone] A New Member, and A Question

Adam MacLeod adam457 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 21:40:15 BST 2008

Hi List,
This is Adam MacLeod from Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I am new to the list, I just subscribed a few minutes ago. I just recently started using Loadstone GPS with my nokia 6630 cellular phone, and a Royaltek RBT-2010 GPS receiver. I am very new to using GPS, and in fact Loadstone GPS is my first experience with it. I've been putting effort into this very intriguing technology and into Loadstone GPS.
I've been looking over all of the documentation on the web site, as well as several posts from the archives of this list.

More about me: I graduated with distinction from St. Lawrence College, in Kingston Ontario, from the computer networking and technical support program in June 2007. Besides computers, I am interested in playing and listening to music, hanging out with friends, and of course furthering my independents through bettering my orientation and mobility skills, and in using tools such as GPS.

As well as introducing myself, I have a question for you all. I plan on going on the bus routes I most frequently use around Ottawa and marking the bus stops as points. My question is, is it ok to mark the points while I'm sitting on the bus, as it pulls up to the bus stop? Or would it be more accurate to get off the bus at each stop, and then mark it as I am walking on the sidewalk past it? I would like the coordinates to both be accurate enough to alert me to the bus stop while on foot or on the bus.

Your answers are most greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Adam MacLeod