[Loadstone] FW: 0.70 unstable on Nokia 6600 and Holux slim 236

Paul Hopewell hopewell at hopewell.org.uk
Fri May 23 11:22:04 BST 2008

Hi Sean,
As you suggested I copied my loadstone databases to another part of the
Nokia 6600, used the phone application manager to remove loadstone 0.69,
re-installed loadstone 0.70, and copied my loadstone databases back into the
loadstone directory. I immediately noticed that the default loadstone 0.70
settings are different than the settings I inherited from 0.69 when I
installed 0.70 over 0.69.

I then took my new 0.70 out for a walk. It worked fine for some 20 minutes.
I then modified the display settings to cardinal and set software speed and
heading on. Loadstone continued to work fine. I then set autosync GPS time
on, and shortly thereafter loadstone crashed. I restarted loadstone and it
crashed again within a couple of minutes. I recycled the Holux slim 236 and
the Nokia 6600 but loadstone kept crashing every few minutes.

So I wonder if there's a problem with the settings. I will remove loadstone
and re-install 0.70 and take it for a long walk using only the default
settings.

Strangely the crashes occurred around the same geographic location as last
time. that might be on a cell boundary or more likely it is just
coincidence. Loadstone 0.69 did not crash at this geographic location.

I will keep you posted.

Paul Hopewell
hopewell at hopewell.org.uk , but and re-re-install phonethe phone and
restarted loadsshrotly